People keep asking me how they can get their heart rate up in between sets during lifting days. A great way to do this is by adding quick hitting cardio moves.
Bosu ball toe taps are a perfect example of one of these quick moves that will increase your heart rate.
Check out the instructional video below for details on proper form.
- Stand behind a Bosu ball
- Rest one foot on top of the dome, with the toe down
- Quickly switch legs to bring the opposite foot on the dome
- Switch feet quickly, tapping one foot on top of the dome then the other
- Keep switching legs
- Complete for a desired time or three to four sets of 20-40 taps on each foot
Looking for more great leg workouts? Check out our full list of leg exercises in our exercise library.
Looking for some great core exercises to get that lean and well defined midsection?
High plank toe touches will do just that. Take a look at the video and instructions below for proper form.
- Start in a high plank position
- Push your hips up high
- Keep your legs straight
- Take your right hand and reach for your left toe
- Return to the high plank position
- Take your left hand and reach for your right toe
- Complete three to four sets of 10-20 repetitions on each side
- Rectus abdominis
Take a look at our full list of core exercises to learn some more great moves.
A lot of people are intimidated by kettlebell swings. However, when they are done correctly they are very safe and are a great exercise that target a lot of muscles.
If you haven't done these before start with lighter weight and focus on getting the form down. Take a look at the instructions and video below!
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, toes pointed out, and knees slightly bent; look straight ahead.
- Hold the kettle bell between your legs using a twohanded, overhand grip
- Keeping the arch in your lower back, bend your hips back until the kettlebell is between and behind your legs; squeeze your glutes to extend your hips and swing the weight up
- Let the weight swing back between your legs as you bend your hips and slightly bend your knees; if it hits you in the butt, you’re doing it right.
- Extend your hips and knees to reverse the momentum as your immediately begin the next rep
- Complete three to four sets of 12-20 repetitions
Looking for more great leg workouts? Check out our exercise library for our full list.
Getting bored of doing the resistance machines and are ready to add some more complex exercises to your workout routine?
- Start with the kettlebell on the floor in front of you
- Stand with feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart, with your toes slightly turned out
- Squat down and pick up the kettlebell
- Stand up and drive through your heels, keeping your chest up and back straight
- Squeeze your butt at the top and return all the way back to the ground until the kettlebell lands at your feet
- Complete three to four sets of 10-20 repetitions
Ready to take your workouts to the next level? Battle ropes are a great exercise to get your heart rate up in between sets or to use as a station in a circuit.
Give battle ropes a try today! Check out the video below for instructions on proper form.
- There are many exercises that you can do with the battle ropes. This exercise is known as the wave. It works each arm independently and keeps your muscles under tension for extended periods
- Hold the ends of the rope at arm’s length in front of your hips with your hands shoulder-width apart
- Brace your core and begin alternately raising and lowering each arm explosively
- Keep alternating arms for three to four sets of 30 seconds to 2minutes
Looking for more great biceps workouts? Check out the LivRite Fitness exercise library for our full list.